Iceland Jan 2017
Collected by Patrick Lindblom
Path to Wrecked DC-3 Plane on Sólheimasandur, Iceland
The journey to find the airplane from the forced landing of November 24th, 1973 is was of my favorite adventures. The plane is a United States Navy Douglas Super DC-3 airplane, and here in the south of Iceland due to experiencing severe icing. To...
6, Klausturvegur, 880 Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland
As a friend and I were westbound on the southern part of the island, we made a stop in Vik. The dominant green cliffs and relaxed vibe of the town convinced that Reykjavik could wait. Vik was our favorite part of the trip. It's a great little town...
Gönguleið um Fimmvörðuháls, Iceland
It happens only in Iceland. Take a majestic waterfall in the South Coast of Iceland, wait for a few minutes and the magic suddenly appears. A double rainbow wraps the landscape around, the waterfall, the people in it and leaves you speechless. For...
Eyrarbraut 3a, Stokkseyri, Iceland
Icelandic lobster—also known as langoustine—is more like an oversize crayfish than a meaty Maine lobster. Nonetheless, it’s delicious, either grilled in garlic butteror cooked in creamy Icelandic lobster soup. For seafood straight from the source,...
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys