Iceland Jan 2017
Collected by Patrick Lindblom
Path to Wrecked DC-3 Plane on Sólheimasandur, Iceland
The journey to find the airplane from the forced landing of November 24th, 1973 is was of my favorite adventures. The plane is a United States Navy Douglas Super DC-3 airplane, and here in the south of Iceland due to experiencing severe icing. To...
6 Klausturvegur, 880 Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland
As a friend and I were westbound on the southern part of the island, we made a stop in Vik. The dominant green cliffs and relaxed vibe of the town convinced that Reykjavik could wait. Vik was our favorite part of the trip. It's a great little town...
Gönguleið um Fimmvörðuháls, Iceland
It happens only in Iceland. Take a majestic waterfall in the South Coast of Iceland, wait for a few minutes and the magic suddenly appears. A double rainbow wraps the landscape around, the waterfall, the people in it and leaves you speechless. For...
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May