Collected by AFAR Explorer - A. Wildgust
Path to Wrecked DC-3 Plane on Sólheimasandur, Iceland
Driving back from our glacier tour, we had already lost the daylight but we really wanted to find this old abdoned plane for some great photos. Pitch black, covered in snow, we still found it! Lit by stars and the full moon. This was an nice...
I had never seen snow before and decided, heck it, I'm in Iceland, let's hike a glacier! And what an amazing experience it was! The stunning ice formations and frozen waves create the most beautiful kind of abstract art from mother nature. Glacier...
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Three days in iceland. Doesn't sound like much time? I'm here to convince you otherwise. We experienced glacier hiking, ice climbing, waterfalls, volcanos, Icelandic horses, snow-capped mountains, lava fields, Vikings, Viking beer,...
66.046407, -17.343459, Garðarsbraut, 640 Húsavík, Iceland
My husband and I traveled around the periphery of Iceland (on Ring Road) over a 9-day trip this summer. Husavik is a primarily fishing town located on the northern coast of Iceland. It is about 40-min drive from Lake Myvatn. The town has daily...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico