Collected by Kamieka Gabriel
Pósthússtræti 11, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Hotel Borg, commissioned and built by Icelandic wrestler Johannes Josefsson in the 1920s, was one of Iceland’s first high-end hotels. Almost a century on—and despite a thoroughly modern refurbishment—it still exudes an...
Mýrargata 2, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
As we approached midnight, everyone was out on the decks to view the midnight sunset. Yes, our clocks read 11:30 p.m. and the sun was still out. The days before that, as we sailed from Halifax to Reykjavik, we experienced an eerie increase in...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights