Collected by Scott Gallagher
Hveragerði is a charming town with greenhouses, which are heated by the hot water from the volcanic hot springs. At night, these greenhouses lit up the town which you can see from afar. Besides the hot springs, berries are abundant for picking in...
The impossible-to-pronounce Seljalandsfoss Waterfall in Iceland lies on the Southern Ring Road between the towns of Selfoss and Skogafoss on the way to the coastal town of Vik. The falls plunge about 200 feet into deep pool. Much of the waterfall...
6, Klausturvegur, 880 Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland
As a friend and I were westbound on the southern part of the island, we made a stop in Vik. The dominant green cliffs and relaxed vibe of the town convinced that Reykjavik could wait. Vik was our favorite part of the trip. It's a great little town...
356, Íþróttahús Snæfellsbæjar, Engihlíð 1, 355 Ólafsvík, Iceland
About a two-hour drive from Reykjavik, Hotel Budir's remote location makes it popular with visitors hoping to spot the Northern Lights. Situated near a windswept beach beside the mighty Snaefellsness glacier, the hotel’s raw natural...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
With its jagged landscape comprised of lava rock, Iceland's topography isn't exactly conducive to growing an abundance of produce, but its citizens have devised a clever way around it. Greenhouses proliferate throughout the country, lighting up...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local