Collected by Scott Gallagher
The town of Hveragerdi, 40 minutes west of Reykjavik is known for it's intense geothermal activity. I read online (thanks wikitravel) that about an hour's hike north of town there was a hot spring river you could bathe in. The directions were a...
The impossible-to-pronounce Seljalandsfoss Waterfall in Iceland lies on the Southern Ring Road between the towns of Selfoss and Skogafoss on the way to the coastal town of Vik. The falls plunge about 200 feet into deep pool. Much of the waterfall...
6, Klausturvegur, 880 Kirkjubæjarklaustur, Iceland
As a friend and I were westbound on the southern part of the island, we made a stop in Vik. The dominant green cliffs and relaxed vibe of the town convinced that Reykjavik could wait. Vik was our favorite part of the trip. It's a great little town...
356, Íþróttahús Snæfellsbæjar, Engihlíð 1, 355 Ólafsvík, Iceland
About a two-hour drive from Reykjavik, Hotel Budir's remote location makes it popular with visitors hoping to spot the Northern Lights. Situated near a windswept beach beside the mighty Snaefellsness glacier, the hotel’s raw natural...
Friðheimar, Reykholt, Iceland
With its jagged landscape comprised of lava rock, Iceland's topography isn't exactly conducive to growing an abundance of produce, but its citizens have devised a clever way around it. Greenhouses proliferate throughout the country, lighting up...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer