Collected by Joel Fedora
Nesjavellir 801 Nesjavellir, 801, Iceland
Protruding from a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik lies one of the very few true luxury hotels outside of the island-nation’s capital, the Ion Adventure Hotel. What was once a no-frills barracks for workers at a...
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
Goðafoss Waterfall, Iceland
The meaning of the name Goðafoss ("Waterfall of the Gods") gives a pretty good indication of how this natural site has been regarded throughout Icelandic history. Located between Akureyri and Mývatn, it is without a doubt one of the country's most...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Air TravelMiniature Horses Are Allowed on Board Southwest Airlines, per New Policy
- 3Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 4Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 5History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania