Collected by Rachel Staggs
Hverfisgata 10, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Set in a fairly austere five-story concrete building on Hverfisgata, it would be easy to dismiss the 101 Hotel as merely a functional hotel option. Stepping inside, however, guests discover an ultra-modern boutique hotel whose minimal...
356, Íþróttahús Snæfellsbæjar, Engihlíð 1, 355 Ólafsvík, Iceland
About a two-hour drive from Reykjavik, Hotel Budir's remote location makes it popular with visitors hoping to spot the Northern Lights. Situated near a windswept beach beside the mighty Snaefellsness glacier, the hotel’s raw natural...
Nesjavellir 801, 801 Nesjavellir, Iceland
Protruding from a landscape of moss and lava less than an hour from Reykjavik lies one of the very few true luxury hotels outside of the island-nation’s capital, the Ion Adventure Hotel. What was once a no-frills barracks for workers at a...
Laugavegur 105, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
This buzzy hybrid offers both hostel dorms and hotel rooms in a five-story building on Reykjavik’s main drag, Laugavegur. The lower floors contain the hostel, while the top floor has hotel-style rooms, all of which were designed by...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun