Collected by Loren Barber
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
The Horse Shoe, Iceland
My husband and I just returned from a trip to Iceland for my 40th birthday. We were lucky enough to be in Iceland during a somewhat-rare solar storm that made the Northern Lights much brighter and more active than usual, and since that's what I...
We got to Reykjavik on a rainy night, and the first thing I saw and heard was a lot of people in the street partying and Cher's "Believe" blasting from some club, loud enough to hear it everywhere. I though then that this place was crazy, but then...
Nauthólsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Riding a strange, shrunken horse into a mossy canyon outside Reykjavik on a bright, bracing day with winter rolling in and a plate of minke whale waiting for you at day's end is tops. Doing so on three days' sleep deprivation is, in fact,...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village