Collected by Loren Barber
Nordurljosavegur 9, 240 Grindavík, Iceland
Iceland’s largest and most famous geothermal spa lies around an hour outside Reykjavik, quite close to Keflavik Airport. With a dramatic setting amidst large black lava boulders, the steam-filled, creamy-blue pool area is a striking and...
The Horse Shoe, Iceland
My husband and I just returned from a trip to Iceland for my 40th birthday. We were lucky enough to be in Iceland during a somewhat-rare solar storm that made the Northern Lights much brighter and more active than usual, and since that's what I...
We got to Reykjavik on a rainy night, and the first thing I saw and heard was a lot of people in the street partying and Cher's "Believe" blasting from some club, loud enough to hear it everywhere. I though then that this place was crazy, but then...
Nauthólsvegur, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Riding a strange, shrunken horse into a mossy canyon outside Reykjavik on a bright, bracing day with winter rolling in and a plate of minke whale waiting for you at day's end is tops. Doing so on three days' sleep deprivation is, in fact,...
- 1Restaurants + CafésThe Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants for a Fall Harvest Feast
- 2Travel NewsThe Best Meteor Shower of the Year Peaks This Weekend
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights
- 5Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World