Collected by Susan Brace
Eyrarbraut 3a, Stokkseyri, Iceland
Icelandic lobster—also known as langoustine—is more like an oversize crayfish than a meaty Maine lobster. Nonetheless, it’s delicious, either grilled in garlic butteror cooked in creamy Icelandic lobster soup. For seafood straight from the source,...
Boek Phrai, Chom Bueng District, Ratchaburi 70150, Thailand
"NO ELECTRICITY in the heat of Thailand? Are you crazy?" Yes, this super eco friendly hotel operates without the use of electricity. It's snugged deep inside the luscious green mountain on River Kwai in Kanchanaburi province. I was scared of the...
Sector San José, Castro, Región de los Lagos, Chile
One of the most enjoyable meals I had was curanto, in Chiloe Island, Chile. It's a local specialty where shellfish, potatoes, sausages, ham, and dumplings are wrapped in nalca leaves and cooked just right in a pit in a ground.
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign