Collected by Peter Fröschl
Búðir is a small hamlet in Búðahraun lava fields in Staðarsveit, which is in the western region of Iceland, on the westernmost tip of the Snaefellsnes peninsula where Hraunhafnará falls to the sea, the original old name of Búðir having been...
Eastern Region, Iceland
My husband and I traveled around the periphery of Iceland (on Ring Road) over a 9-day trip this summer. This was shot somewhere in the northeast part of the country as we made our way to Dettifoss in northern Iceland. The beauty of a road trip is...
I recall it was a Wednesday, and we took the 8 a.m. ferry from Vik to Vestmannaeyjar. My friends and I quickly decided to wander the streets of the island. Though it was a rather dreary day, we found ourselves excited at the prospect of getting...
Breiđavík is a wonderful point on the Latrabjarg Peninsula in western Iceland. The location features a large beach of golden sands, with a backdrop of rocky cliffs and colorful waters. The beach here is regarded as one of the best in Iceland, and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles