Collected by Peter Fröschl
Búðir is a small hamlet in Búðahraun lava fields in Staðarsveit, which is in the western region of Iceland, on the westernmost tip of the Snaefellsnes peninsula where Hraunhafnará falls to the sea, the original old name of Búðir having been...
Eastern Region, Iceland
My husband and I traveled around the periphery of Iceland (on Ring Road) over a 9-day trip this summer. This was shot somewhere in the northeast part of the country as we made our way to Dettifoss in northern Iceland. The beauty of a road trip is...
I recall it was a Wednesday, and we took the 8 a.m. ferry from Vik to Vestmannaeyjar. My friends and I quickly decided to wander the streets of the island. Though it was a rather dreary day, we found ourselves excited at the prospect of getting...
Breiđavík is a wonderful point on the Latrabjarg Peninsula in western Iceland. The location features a large beach of golden sands, with a backdrop of rocky cliffs and colorful waters. The beach here is regarded as one of the best in Iceland, and...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 4Art7 Real-Life Places in France That Inspired Celebrated Paintings
- 5World Heritage5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites With Incredible Street Art