Collected by laura sinnott
Steel + Frozen Water = Grace & Speed
2961 Kinderdijk, Netherlands
When waterways in the Netherlands freeze into glittering paths, overjoyed residents take to the ice. Visitors can buy or rent a pair of noren (traditional long-blade skates) to glide across town or take part in one of the country’s dozens of...
Avenue Wilfrid-Laurier, Québec, QC G1R 2L3, Canada
Quebec City's Plains of Abraham Park has a 480 meter ice skating track situated outdoors with a view of the St. Lawrence River (back towards the left). In addition to normal figure/hockey skates, the daring can even rent speed skates here! There...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter