Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
07850 Sant Carles de Peralta, Illes Balears, Spain
San Carlos is a tiny, former hippie town and you can drive in and out of it in the time it takes to say "Peace out, man". But as you take the hairy blind corner in the centre of town, you'll notice some tables and chairs set out on the pavement....
Lugar Urbanització Cala Boix, 0 S-N San Carlos Lugar, 07850 Cala Boix, Balearic Islands, Spain
Want to lounge around the pool that Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh and Diana Rigg once swam in? Then this is the place. Can Talaias, a large finca-turned-B&B, pushes its 'agrotourism' credentials and certainly the home cooking, with eggs and veg...
Pou des Lleó, Spain
When we asked at our hotel for a restaurant recommendation, we were given directions to the restaurant at Pou des Lleo. "That's where they serve the famous paella," we were told. Pou des Lleo turned out to be a tiny cove at the end of a completely...
Aigües Blanques/ Sant Carles de Peralta, 07850 Santa Eulària des Riu, Islas Baleares, Spain
Not everyone comes to Ibiza for the music. Personally, clubbing is about as far down my list of holiday activities as spelunking and crocodile baiting. So the beaches of Ibiza town, with its beach parties and its school-break clientele, are rather...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village