Collected by Amy Mikolajczyk
Esentepe Mah. No 87, Ortahisar, Urgup, Cappadocia, 50400 Ortahisar Belediyesi/Ürgüp/Nevşehir, Turkey
A perfect oasis, this room was my home for two nights in the Cappadocia region of Turkey, famed for its ancient caves and early Christian settlements. (2nd century!) It's not obvious from this photo, but this room is in a cave hotel, where the...
Largo do Terreiro, s/n, 4720-633 Santa Maria do Bouro, Portugal
Pousada De Santa Maria Do Bouro, once a 12th century monastery, has been restored and is now a luxury hotel and restaurant in northern Portugal's city of Braga, in the Minho region. I was surrounded by ancient stones, vaulted ceilings, vibrant...
Lighthouse Road, West End, Negril ., Jamaica
Built on the edge of limestone cliffs, this secluded resort features 12 charming rooms, all of which have ocean views. Guests can dine on authentic Jamaican cuisine in a private grotto, or take in the scene at the candlelit Cave Rum and...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights