Collected by Julia
Route de Biscarrosse, 33260 La Teste-de-Buch, France
Dune de Pyla is the largest sand dune in Europe, located in the Arcachon Bay area, southwest of France (about 45 minutes away from Bordeaux). Unlike the overly marketed and crowded Cote d’Azur (south of France), it has some of the most spectacular...
Le Miroir d'eau, 33000 Bordeaux, France
"Le Miroir d’Eau” near the Garonne River is a delightful place for an afternoon of people watching in one of France’s most enduring and picturesque cities. While photographers focus on the reflections of the Place de la Bourse in the mirror of...
69 Cours Pasteur, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Since 2001, residents of Bordeaux have been able to rent free bikes through Vélo Ville de Bordeaux (VVB), the city's long-term bike loan program. Some four thousand bikes have been loaned to locals since the program launched and the requests...
10 Place de la Bourse, 33000 Bordeaux, France
Given its UNESCO world heritage status, there's no mistaking the grandeur of this 18th-century property. But the food at Le Gabriel is as modern as the walls are ancient: expect chef-selected meals with foams, gelées, and plenty of style. Looking...
Cazenave, 40290 Misson, France
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 3History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 4Where to Go in FallAn Expert Guide to Working Remotely and Traveling the World
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights