Collected by Maggie Gould, AFAR Staff
3452 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
This is my newest restaurant and everything on the menu has a story: Green banana pastele is a Hawaiian dish influenced by the pastele, a sort of tamale brought by Puerto Rican immigrants who came to Hawaii in the 19th century to work the...
3458 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
My sandwich and coffee house has a sunny surf vibe. We serve casual lunch fare with produce from farmers and ranchers in the islands. Try the luganeca sausage and slow-roasted pork sandwiches, made with Shinsato pork raised on Oahu. This appeared...
3435 Waialae Ave #104, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
When I opened Town in 2005, it had a Cal-Med menu inspired by Bay Area locavore pioneers Chez Panisse and Zuni Café. Over the last few years, though, we’ve really embraced indigenous Hawaiian ingredients, such as limu sea vegetables, kukui nut,...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles