Collected by Maggie Gould, AFAR Staff
3452 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
This is my newest restaurant and everything on the menu has a story: Green banana pastele is a Hawaiian dish influenced by the pastele, a sort of tamale brought by Puerto Rican immigrants who came to Hawaii in the 19th century to work the...
3458 Waialae Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
My sandwich and coffee house has a sunny surf vibe. We serve casual lunch fare with produce from farmers and ranchers in the islands. Try the luganeca sausage and slow-roasted pork sandwiches, made with Shinsato pork raised on Oahu. This appeared...
3435 Waialae Ave #104, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
When I opened Town in 2005, it had a Cal-Med menu inspired by Bay Area locavore pioneers Chez Panisse and Zuni Café. Over the last few years, though, we’ve really embraced indigenous Hawaiian ingredients, such as limu sea vegetables, kukui nut,...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos