Collected by Mandy
Magic Island, Honolulu, HI 96814, USA
Even before I moved to Hawaii, I knew I wanted to be a part of the Lantern Floating Festival. It takes place on Memorial Day weekend in May at Ala Moana Park in Honolulu. An estimated 40,000 people turned out for the 2012 celebration where...
100 Hanauma Bay Rd, Honolulu, HI 96825, USA
When you think of tropical islands, cocoa often comes to mind. But have you ever tried Koko, as in "Koko Crater"? This former Army outpost on Oahu just east of Honolulu is 1048 steps of vertical torture. It opened just a few years ago to the...
7491 Kokonani St, Honolulu, HI 96825, USA
Looking for something low-key and different to do on one of our last days on Oahu, we found the Koko Crater Botanical Gardens. While the 'hike' was really more of a walk, the impressive crater ridge and amazing assortment of some seriously crazy...
1156 Koko Head Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Growing up in Hawaii allowed us to have exposure to many types of foods. Japanese, Chinese, Hawaiian, Korean, Portugese, Puerto Rican, Filipino, Tonga—the list goes on and on. One of the treats we would enjoy was Li Hing Mui, a type of preserved...
Pālolo Valley, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Near the mouth of Palolo Valley in Honolulu, this church reminds you Jesus is coming! Palolo is known for its temples and hiking in the back of the valley. At the base of the valley, Waialae Ave. is home to great little shops, cafes, restaurants...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Travel News Italy Is Getting Its First Starbucks and Italians Are Conflicted
- 4 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 5 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free