Collected by onnalee macdonald, AFAR Staff
Ngong Ping Rd, Lantau Island, Hong Kong
The colorful Po Lin Monastery was built more than a century ago in the secluded mountains of Lantau Island. In 1993, the 112-foot-high bronze Tian Tan Buddha, also known as the Big Buddha, was erected to face the monastery and north toward the...
Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Join throngs of locals on the five-minute ferry ride across Victoria Harbour between the Tsim Sha Tsui cruise pier in Kowloon, on the mainland side, and the Central Pier on Hong Kong Island (a slightly longer ride goes to Wan Chai on Hong Kong...
Peng Chau, Hong Kong
Hong Kong is greener than you might think. Offsetting its mind-boggling population density is plentiful natural scenery ranging from beaches to mountains that keeps avid outdoorsmen coming back and has roped quite a few into residency. It's...
31 Lugard Rd, The Peak, Hong Kong
South Bay Beach, South Bay Road, Repulse Bay, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
To balance out all the indoor Hong Kong activities (ie. shopping and eating) during your visit, sunbathing at a Hong Kong beach is a must. Though many long to experience the picture-perfect, but often tourist-laden, Repulse Bay, about a 10-minute...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun