Collected by Jessica
Sha Tin, Hong Kong
I finally stumble upon the stairs leading up to Ten Thousand Buddhas Monastery. Lots and lots of stairs. Steep ones. The climbing becomes less odious as hundreds of golden, life-size Arhat (Buddhist disciples freed from the cycle of life and...
388號 Jaffe Rd, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
When it opened in November of 2013, the Mira Moon hotel dazzled design devotees with its visual interpretation of a classic Chinese myth. Billed as a “story hotel,” Mira Moon enlisted Dutch design master Marcel Wanders and the...
31 Lugard Rd, The Peak, Hong Kong
I'm always looking for a new take on a classic view, and I found this one while marveling at Hong Kong's famous skyline from Victoria Peak. I used a 50mm Lensbaby to compress the distance between buildings, and I played with the plane of focus by...
Avenue of Stars, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Hong Kong by night requires a view from the Avenue of the Stars. It affords the best views in the city of the city (albeit of the business/downtown part of the city). It can get dark up on the 2nd level where it's chock-a-block full of tourist and...
Jubilee St, Central, Hong Kong
Traveling up and down the Central-Mid Levels Escalator is a quick, efficient way to get around while at the same time immersing yourself in the urban jungle of Hong Kong. Stretching for over 800m and rising about 135m, the world's longest outdoor...
Canal Rd E, Bowrington, Hong Kong
If someone in life should be troubling you, head to Ngo Keng Kiu for a feng shui fix. The locals all know about "the nook under the Canal Road Flyover" in Wanchai, just off the tram tracks. This is where the custom of "da siu yun", or "beating...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico