Collected by Elaine Davenport
47 E 60th St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Early this spring, I had an hour to kill in Manhattan, so I ducked into the Grolier Club, where I saw a fascinating exhibit devoted to Wunderkammer, the cabinets of curiosities that originated in 16th-century Europe. I am a big fan of visiting...
140 W 44th St, New York, NY 10036, USA
Jimmy’s Corner is long and narrow, as if some great prophet looked at a hallway and said, I see a dimly lit saloon here, complete with an extended bar and walls plastered with photos of boxers. Opened in 1971 by erstwhile pugilist James Lee Glenn,...
529 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014, USA
This relatively new contemporary Chinese restaurant in Greenwich Village is as charming as it is delicious. The organic fare is a mixture of Eastern and Western ingredients. I especially recommend the incredible pork dumplings—such a simple dish,...
279 Montauk Hwy, Water Mill, NY 11976, USA
This museum, founded in 1898, opened its new space last November. It collects works by artists who have called Eastern Long Island home, including Jackson Pollock and Chuck Close. This appeared in the March/April 2013 issue.
- 1TSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2How to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 3Sweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Austria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 5How to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer