Homer Top 5
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
95 Sterling Hwy, Homer, AK 99603, USA
The visitors center at this National Wildlife Refuge poetically describes its location as “where the road ends and the sea begins.” Stroll through the exhibits which explore the sweep of Alaska’s coastline, from the Inside Passage clear up past...
The family-friendly Glacier Lake Trail weaves among spruce and cottonwood stands before emerging onto broad beaches. This relatively flat stroll yields big results with glorious vistas of the ice and surrounding peaks. Most visitors prefer to hike...
3720 Faa St, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Take your pick, anglers: Casting a line in Homer is easy, affordable and, at the manmade lagoon stocked with king and coho salmon near the Small Boat Harbor, even wheelchair-accessible. Visitors with deeper pockets can book charter boats from...
3779 Bartlett St, Homer, AK 99603, USA
One of Alaska’s top museums, the Pratt offers a wide-ranging foundation for understanding the state, from woolly mammoth fossils and a thousand-year-old birch-bark basket to archives of photos and even homesteader tales of pickled eggs. Over 250...
- 1 Longreads The God of Silence Speaks Up
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines to Cut Service to These U.S. Cities—Will There Be More?
- 3 Trending News Where Can Americans Travel Right Now?
- 4 Trending News Can Americans Visit Mexico Right Now?
- 5 Air Travel This Airport Just Became the World’s First to Get a Five-Star COVID-19 Rating