Homer Top 5
Collected by Amanda Castleman , AFAR Local Expert
95 Sterling Hwy, Homer, AK 99603, USA
The visitors center at this National Wildlife Refuge poetically describes its location as “where the road ends and the sea begins.” Stroll through the exhibits which explore the sweep of Alaska’s coastline, from the Inside Passage clear up past...
The family-friendly Glacier Lake Trail weaves among spruce and cottonwood stands before emerging onto broad beaches. This relatively flat stroll yields big results with glorious vistas of the ice and surrounding peaks. Most visitors prefer to hike...
3720 Faa St, Homer, AK 99603, USA
Take your pick, anglers: Casting a line in Homer is easy, affordable and, at the manmade lagoon stocked with king and coho salmon near the Small Boat Harbor, even wheelchair-accessible. Visitors with deeper pockets can book charter boats from...
3779 Bartlett St, Homer, AK 99603, USA
One of Alaska’s top museums, the Pratt offers a wide-ranging foundation for understanding the state, from woolly mammoth fossils and a thousand-year-old birch-bark basket to archives of photos and even homesteader tales of pickled eggs. Over 250...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum