Collected by Meg Alcazar , AFAR Local Expert
1650 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33020, USA
Far from a stuffy, elitist institution, the Art and Culture Center of Hollywood presents contemporary art in a way that's accessible and engages with the community. Exhibiting a mix of local and world-renowned works, the center also stages live...
236 N Federal Hwy Suite 101, Dania Beach, FL 33004, USA
Even before carry-on luggage restrictions, it was difficult to travel with a crate of oranges, but for tourists visiting Florida, they were the must-have souvenir. Flamingo Groves was one of the pioneers in shipping fruit to the citrus-hungry, and...
2019 Harrison St, Hollywood, FL 33020, USA
South Florida bars tend to fall into two categories: casual beach bar (tiki torches may or may not be involved), or trendy nightspots that have lists—sometimes both for cocktails and for guests. If you're in Hollywood, there's now another option:...
503 SE 6th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301, USA
For nearly 30 years, southern Florida has been home to the Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, which screens 100 or so films for two weeks in November. The rest of the year, art-house movie fans (or those seeking a rainy-day activity) can...
52 N Swinton Ave, Delray Beach, FL 33444, USA
It's hard to say what Dada is best known for: the setting (inside a rambling '20s house liberally sprinkled with original art), the menu (bacon-wrapped dates with goat cheese and chorizo are a perennial favorite), or the events calendar (with some...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum