Collected by THOMAS THAN
Thu Bồn River, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam, Cẩm Nam, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
Let me set the scene for you. A sleepy Vietnamese town on the Thu Bon River, a place where colorful shops loom over ancient cobbled streets, lanterns illuminate the path through a grandiose covered bridge, and tiny men pilot tiny skiffs across the...
175 Cửa Đại, Cẩm Sơn, Hội An, Quảng Nam 560000, Vietnam
My friend and I stayed at a beautiful little inn on the river in Hoi An. Vietnam was originally not on our trip list but, since we were visiting Thailand and Cambodia, we threw it in. We were so glad that we did! Vietnam is such a beautiful...
Careful cookery, with good enough service, too. When I return to Hoi An, I'll just dine here every day, it's consistent to the core, every other restaurant in town is a bore. [Feature dish: White Rose (banh bao): steamed prawns in rice dumplings...
106 Nguyễn Thái Học, Phường Minh An, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
At Morning Glory restaurant, there is a plethora of local dishes to choose from -- morning glory salad, Cao Lau and White Rose (banh bao vac) to name a few. Or a highlight in itself is to rise early in the day and sit outside and sip on Vietnamese...
03 Hoàng Diệu Thị Xã Hội An, Cẩm Châu, Hội An, Quảng Nam, Vietnam
I showed the picture on my phone to fruit vendor at the Hoi An market early in the morning. Her once stern face softened and she soon sprung to life eager to help me find the Banh Mi shop in the picture. She drew me maps, and practically walked me...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 4 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now