Historic Santo Domingo
Collected by Patrick Bennett , AFAR Ambassador
Cuidad Colonial, Calle Las Damas, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
Situated on Las Damas, the first paved street in the New World, Hostal Nicolas de Ovando is one of the most historic places you can sleep in the Western Hemisphere. The hotel incorporates three houses and patios built in 1502 for Santo Domingo's...
Calle Las Damas, Santo Domingo Este, Dominican Republic
Calle Las Damas is the oldest paved street in the new world with construction beginning in 1502. Originally named Calle de la Forteleza, or Street of the Fort, it makes a straight line above the shores of the Rio Ozama from the Fortaleza Ozama to...
Calle Isabel La Católica, Santo Domingo 10210, Dominican Republic
The oldest church in the “New World”, Catedral Primada de America, can be found in the heart of the oldest European city in the Americas: La Zona Colonial, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Its foundation stone was laid by Diego Columbus...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign