Historic and Architectural
Collected by Sandy Allen, AFAR Local Expert
Interesting architecture and historic sites
Old Dock St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
You know a carousel must be quite special if it is the first to make the National Register of Historic Places. Jane's Carousel, located in Brooklyn Bridge Park in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, is truly unique. The fully-restored antique carousel...
6 Verdmont Lane, Bermuda
With four chimneys, three floors, and one of Bermuda’s finest cedar stairways, the Verdmont House Museum holds a collection of antique mahogany and cedar furniture as well as oil paintings, Chinese and English porcelain, and Georgian silver made...
7, Walsingham Lane, Hamilton, Bermuda
A warren of rooms make up this cozy restaurant that some claim is the oldest on the island. The building itself was originally a private waterside home constructed in 1652—some 40 years after the first English settlers arrived to Bermuda...
32 Duke of York St, Globe Hotel, St.George's GE05, Bermuda
Within its stone walls, the Bermuda National Trust Museum holds exhibits and examples of Bermuda’s link to the Confederacy during the American Civil War. The island’s central Atlantic location made it a prime stopping point for shipments between...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Festivals + Events 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna