Historic and Architectural
Collected by Sandy Allen, AFAR Local Expert
Interesting architecture and historic sites
Old Dock St, Brooklyn, NY 11201, USA
You know a carousel must be quite special if it is the first to make the National Register of Historic Places. Jane's Carousel, located in Brooklyn Bridge Park in the DUMBO section of Brooklyn, is truly unique. The fully-restored antique carousel...
6 Verdmont Lane, Bermuda
With four chimneys, three floors, and one of Bermuda’s finest cedar stairways, the Verdmont House Museum holds a collection of antique mahogany and cedar furniture as well as oil paintings, Chinese and English porcelain, and Georgian silver made...
7, Walsingham Lane, Hamilton, Bermuda
A warren of rooms make up this cozy restaurant that some claim is the oldest on the island. The building itself was originally a private waterside home constructed in 1652—some 40 years after the first English settlers arrived to Bermuda...
32 Duke of York St, Globe Hotel, St.George's, Bermuda
Within its stone walls, the Bermuda National Trust Museum holds exhibits and examples of Bermuda’s link to the Confederacy during the American Civil War. The island’s central Atlantic location made it a prime stopping point for shipments between...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 4 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun