Collected by Thanh Le
2 Chome-6 Sakaimachi, Naka Ward, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0853, Japan
Sunday morning, 7:30 am. Blue tarps are spread out in prime grassy, shady spots along Hiroshima's six rivers. By noon the lucky people who claimed these spots in advance are picnicking under the cherry blossoms. I bought a bento box at one of the...
2-11 Kaminoborichō, Naka-ku, Hiroshima-shi, Hiroshima-ken 730-0014, Japan
The Kimono Paparazzi (yours truly) was working overtime today. So many couples were out taking advantage of the sunshine to pose for wedding photos in beautiful Shukkeien Garden in Hiroshima. The garden itself, with its charming bridges, blooming...
Higashiyama, Gotenba, Shizuoka Prefecture 412-0024, Japan
This Golden Buddha statue sits inside the main structure of Nipponzan-Myōhōji temple on the grounds of Gotenba Peace Park in Gotenba, Shizuoka Prefecture. Mt. Fuji is visible in the background. The Peace Park is an interesting blend of different...
1 Nakajimacho, Naka Ward, Hiroshima, Hiroshima Prefecture 730-0811, Japan
Originally started with the 1,000 paper cranes folded by a young girl who believed that folding the cranes would cure her of the bomb's radiation - this memorial and peace plaza for Hiroshima's children is just off the central park and ground zero...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village