Collected by Hilary Ford
Hilary Ford′s Wishlist
17 Rue Sainte-Croix de la Bretonnerie, 75004 Paris, France
5000 riders started the 2007 PBP. Plagued by bad weather on top of the customary challenges of distance and sleep deprivation, 1200 failed to finish. I finished the Paris Brest in just under the time limit. Another hallmark of randonneuring is...
Golden Gate Bridge, California, USA
North of the Golden Gate, along the ocean all the way to the giant redwoods, there stretches a somewhat desolate landscape littered with lighthouses and fog induced towns that inspire hitchcockian daydreams on a clear sunday afternoon road trip.
53100 Siena, Province of Siena, Italy
I am a sucker for architecture. Especially old architecture...Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque. And churches are the best representation of these styles. Europe is filled with cool churches and Italy takes the cake. I got up close to the cathedral in...
Perfume River, Thua Thien Hue, Vietnam
One of the things that impressed me most about Vietnam was the industriousness of its people. Their economy basically came from less than zero until trade with the US opened up during the Clinton Administration. Since that time they've been...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign