Collected by onnalee macdonald , AFAR Staff
Dipsea Trail, California, USA
Beginning in Mill Valley, the 7-mile-long Dipsea Trail runs up and over Mount Tamalapais, with more than 2,300 feet of steep, often slippery, uphills and downhills. (This is also where the Dipsea Race unfolds, the oldest trail race in America.)...
Isla del Sol, Bolivia
According to Inca lore, Isla del Sol is the birthplace of their revered Sun God. Its trail known as Willa Thaki or “the Sacred Route of the Eternal Sun,” passes up some suitably ancient scenery, including pre-Columbian ruins, sandstone formations,...
PRESA GAITANEJO, S/N, 29550, Málaga, Spain
Here’s one surefire way to get your adrenaline pumping: set out on this five-mile trek along boardwalks perched on the edge of stone cliffs more than 300 feet above the Rio Guadalhorce. These wooden boardwalks, which had become notorious for their...
Hong Kong Trail Sec. 8, Shek O, Hong Kong
It doesn’t take long to trade the concrete jungle of central Hong Kong for its lush peaks and sandy shores, notably by catching a bus or taxi ride to Shek O Country Park. This undulating 5.2-mile-long hike along Dragon’s Back ridge stretches...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum