Collected by Ginny Fitzgerald
9881 CA-89, South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150, USA
This state park offers all the ingredients for a great family trip to the mountains. For starters, there’s the beach at Calawee Cove, with its gently sloped sand, crystal-clear water, and rounded granite boulders that make for sublime...
Freel Peak, California 96150, USA
I took this panoramic photo atop Freel Peak, Tahoe's highest at 10,881. You can truly see it all from this summit: the expansive Lake Tahoe sprawling north, the ridge leading to the dramatic landscape change east to Carson City, the moonscape-like...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun