Collected by Audrey Sarin
Old Rag Mountain, Robertson, VA 22743, USA
The spectacular views atop Old Rag Mountain in the Shenandoah National Park are worth the extremely strenuous scramble to the top. But be warned, this hike is quite popular, so it is a much busier trail. The earlier you go, the less likely you are...
Bear Lake Rd, Estes Park, CO 80517, USA
There is fall foliage. And then there's the Odessa–Fern Lake backpacking circuit in Rocky Mountain National Park in late September. Most years, this is the peak of Colorado's crispest, most spectacular, leaf-gasmic yellowness, and on this day, as...
Unaka Springs Rd, Erwin, TN 37650, USA
As a lifelong hiker, I wanted to share my love of it with kids from my home city of Charleston, SC. I started a hiking club called Youth Gone Wild for ages 9-12. We go on 3 day hikes and an overnighter with the culminating activity a 67 mile, 9...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign