Collected by Alexis Trice
1501 Will Rogers State Park Rd, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, USA
In the 1930s, there was a Nazi outpost in the canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains. It was intended as a refuge for Nazis awaiting the fall of the US to Hitler. Instead, the ranch was raided by US authorities in the early 1940s. Now there are a...
Echo Mountain, California 91001, USA
Echo Mountain has a great deal to offer, from the switchback trail, which will give you a great workout on your way up the mountain (start early to avoid the blistering afternoon sun), to the views—on a clear day you can look out over Pasadena, ...
510 Los Liones Dr, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272, USA
I have been walking, running, meditating, laughing, and training for a marathon along this trail for years. A perfect balance of inclines and flatness with ocean views to captivate your soul even when you are begging to get down the mountain all...
2 Park Pl, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275, USA
Del Cerro Park is a great hiking trail in Palos Verdes, CA - 30ish minutes south of LAX. There are several trails, some that are for bikes, some for pedestrians, some for equestrians, and some for a combo of the three. The trail we hiked wasn't...
29450 Valley of Fire Hwy, Overton, NV 89040, USA
Valley of Fire is the oldest state park in Nevada, and a great place to see 3,000-year-old Indian petroglyphs and explore the red sandstone formations created during the age of the dinosaurs. Bring your camera to photograph the landscape while...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked