Collected by Neil Robertson
Scenery doesn't get more spectacular than the Highlands of Scotland.
Appin, Portnacroish PA38 4BL, UK
We spent the day driving a rough circle along A82 and adjoining roads as we made our way through Glen Coe in the Western Highlands down to Oban. Fans of "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" might recall the final scene taking place at this castle....
Fort William, UK
What was expected to be the low point of a two day getaway at the foot of Ben Nevis turned out to be one of the more beautiful experiences of my life so far. The four hour train ride between Glasgow and Fort William takes you between snow-capped...
Dornie, Kyle of Lochalsh IV40 8DX, UK
Eilean Donan Castle, located on a tiny island on Loch Duich, is one of Scotland's most famous castles, and a fun stop for both history buffs and scenic-seekers. I was surprised that even though it is one of the most visited attractions in the...
Isle of Skye, Duntulm, Portree IV51 9UF, UK
At the very northern tip of the Isle of Skye, which is an island off of the upper north western shore of Scotland, are the ruins of Duntulm Castle. To get there, you have to drive for several hours on narrow dirt roads, but the sense of remoteness...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna