Collected by Lynne Cheney
Kauppatori, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
In Helsinki, we took a short bus tour before heading out to Porvoo. When we returned to Helsinki, we spent some time at an outdoor market near the Havis Amanda statue before we met up for lunch with my grandma's former foreign exchange student....
Lönnrotinkatu 34, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
I love going to markets. In Helsinki, a visit to the dockside Kauppatori was a must for me. I had also planned a visit to the Hakaniemen Market Hall only to find out, after I landed in Helsinki, that it was closed due to renovations....
00170 Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki is the dynamic capital and largest city in the beautiful, Scandinavian country of Finland. Since it's on the shore of the Gulf of Finland (an arm of the Baltic Sea) the sky offers up some dramatic backdrops for the splendid architecture...
Unionsgatan 29, 00170 Helsingfors, Finland
The Lutheran Cathedral's neoclassical white columns and green domes were commissioned by a Russian czar, but the churchgoers inside pay homage to a religion introduced by Finland’s first overlords, the Swedes. The cathedral was finished in 1852,...
Keskuskatu, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
I hope your stay in Helsinki will be enchanted by the Xylophone Man. When we first heard him play we just had go see where the music was coming from. And we stayed mesmerised for several scores even in the bitter cold winter. He plays very more...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now