Collected by Lynne Cheney
Kauppatori, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
In Helsinki, we took a short bus tour before heading out to Porvoo. When we returned to Helsinki, we spent some time at an outdoor market near the Havis Amanda statue before we met up for lunch with my grandma's former foreign exchange student....
Lönnrotinkatu 34, 00180 Helsinki, Finland
I love going to markets. In Helsinki, a visit to the dockside Kauppatori was a must for me. I had also planned a visit to the Hakaniemen Market Hall only to find out, after I landed in Helsinki, that it was closed due to renovations....
00170 Helsinki, Finland
Helsinki is the dynamic capital and largest city in the beautiful, Scandinavian country of Finland. Since it's on the shore of the Gulf of Finland (an arm of the Baltic Sea) the sky offers up some dramatic backdrops for the splendid architecture...
Unioninkatu 29, 00170 Helsinki, Finland
The Lutheran Cathedral's neoclassical white columns and green domes were commissioned by a Russian czar, but the churchgoers inside pay homage to a religion introduced by Finland’s first overlords, the Swedes. The cathedral was finished in 1852,...
Keskuskatu, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
I hope your stay in Helsinki will be enchanted by the Xylophone Man. When we first heard him play we just had go see where the music was coming from. And we stayed mesmerised for several scores even in the bitter cold winter. He plays very more...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Happiest Country Is All About Reading, Coffee, and Saunas
- 2 Natural Wonders “Unbearable” Crowds Force California Town to Restrict Access to Poppy Bloom
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Where to Go in Spring California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know