Hellesylt's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Part of the mountainous spine that holds Norway together, the 1,310-square-kilometer (506-square-mile) Jostedal Glacier National Park is quite simply a nature lover’s dream. This spectacle of mountains, forests and rivers was shaped by glacial...
6218 Hellesylt, Norway
Scenes from the famous play Peer Gynt by Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen are captured in 11 impressive wooden carvings by the artist Oddvin Parr. Born in Hellesylt, Parr started to learn wood carving at the age of 17 and creating this collection...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands