Hellesylt's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel, AFAR Local Expert
Briksdalsbreen, Stryn Municipality, Norway
Experience Norwegian nature at its most ruggedly beautiful on a guided hike to one of the most accessible arms of the enormous Jostedal Glacier. The Briksdal glacier arm flows 1,200 meters (3,930 feet) down the mountainside into the glistening...
Part of the mountainous spine that holds Norway together, the 1,310-square-kilometer (506-square-mile) Jostedal Glacier National Park is quite simply a nature lover’s dream. This spectacle of mountains, forests and rivers was shaped by glacial...
6218 Hellesylt, Norway
Scenes from the famous play Peer Gynt by Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen are captured in 11 impressive wooden carvings by the artist Oddvin Parr. Born in Hellesylt, Parr started to learn wood carving at the age of 17 and creating this collection...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now