Hellesylt's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Part of the mountainous spine that holds Norway together, the 1,310-square-kilometer (506-square-mile) Jostedal Glacier National Park is quite simply a nature lover’s dream. This spectacle of mountains, forests and rivers was shaped by glacial...
6218 Hellesylt, Norway
Scenes from the famous play Peer Gynt by Norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen are captured in 11 impressive wooden carvings by the artist Oddvin Parr. Born in Hellesylt, Parr started to learn wood carving at the age of 17 and creating this collection...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Where to Go in Fall The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum