Hawaii-volcano Nat'l Park
Collected by Mimi Shivers
Kaimu-Chain of Craters Rd, Hawaii, USA
A nighttime hike through Volcanoes National Park yields an up close and personal experience with lava right from Kilauea. Start at West Kaili ili entry, adjacent Chain of Craters road. We highly recommend wearing sturdy, closed-toe shoes. Use your...
Kīlauea Crater, Hawaii 96778, USA
The highlight of Volcanoes National Park is the Kilauea Crater. Nothing beats seeing the glow from the active crater at night—well, maybe the prospect of seeing a new explosive eruption. There are a couple of other lava flow viewing areas in the...
19-3948 Old Volcano Rd, Volcano, HI 96785, USA
Just a mile away from the entrance to the Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park is the newly refurbished Kilauea Lodge. I was expecting rustic charm but brushed shoulders with a bed & breakfast style hospitality: from the mugs of coffee to the crackling...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village