Collected by barbara kernos
66-111 Kamehameha Hwy #101, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
This spacious North Shore eatery and watering hole riffs on the beloved Honolulu original. It makes a strong showing in the "pupu" (appetizer) department with nibbles like poke, pot stickers, kālua-pig fried rice, Korean-style chicken wings, and...
1602 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96826, USA
All of the sandwiches at Storto’s are named after surf breaks. My favorite is the Sunset, which is roast beef, ham, and turkey. —Hoku Haiku 66-215 Kamehameha Hwy., Haleiwa, (808) 637-6633. This appeared in the June/July 2013 issue. Read more...
2877 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815, USA
Some of the best snorkeling we did on Oahu didn't cost a cent—including Sans Souci Beach, a walkable distance from the Waikiki hotels and close to the aquarium. But why pay to get into the aquarium when you can wade right into the water and see...
1156 Koko Head Ave, Honolulu, HI 96816, USA
Growing up in Hawaii allowed us to have exposure to many types of foods. Japanese, Chinese, Hawaiian, Korean, Portugese, Puerto Rican, Filipino, Tonga—the list goes on and on. One of the treats we would enjoy was Li Hing Mui, a type of preserved...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles