Collected by Kirsten Pasterczyk
Ka‘Iwa Ridge, Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Starting a day with a hike on the Lanikai Pillbox Trail is a popular way to get out of Honolulu for a magnificent morning sight. Although the view is beautiful any time of day, most people prefer to visit the pillboxes (bunkers constructed during...
Kailua Beach, Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Kailua Beach in Hawaii has been named one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and there is a reason why. With the softest sand I have ever experienced, it feels like powder under your feet. We visited the local corner store where you can...
316 Kuulei Rd, Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Handmade soaps with local scents, island and Kailua themed artwork, the good kine slippers, greeting cards, books, treats, floral purses, Hawaiian honey, tees, fresh tropical flowers and other goodies will delight you at Kailua General Store. Sit...
Kailua, HI 96734, USA
Lanikai Beach is no secret to the locals, or to tourists, as it is consistently ranked among the best beaches in the world, and it's arguably the best beach on the island of Oahu. Chances are that if you're visiting Hawaii then you're probably on...
Maunawili Falls, Hawaii 96734, USA
This hike is just outside of Kailua on Oahu, and what makes it so great? It is a HOT MESS! It's about a 3 or 4 hour round-trip hike and at the end there is a gorgeous waterfall that you can jump off of if you like. You weave in and out of a small...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna