At 4,205 meters (13,800 feet), Hawaii's tallest peak gets frosted by snow in winter. In fact, Mauna Kea holds the world record at 10,211 meters (33,500 feet) when measured from its submerged base to its summit, compared with Everest's 8,848 meters...
From November until early May, immense humpback whales visit the Big Island's western coastline. These dark-gray giants can reach 18 meters (59 feet) and 36,000 kilograms (40 tons), but that doesn't deter them from spectacular aerial displays of...
Local-style comfort food gets the portions it deserves here, filling the soul and the stomach. Massive pancakes, kalua pork hash, and an all-day Big Island Breakfast Menu are the main draws. Seafood eaters shouldn't miss the poke bowl (pronounced...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna