At 4,205 meters (13,800 feet), Hawaii's tallest peak gets frosted by snow in winter. In fact, Mauna Kea holds the world record at 10,211 meters (33,500 feet) when measured from its submerged base to its summit, compared with Everest's 8,848 meters...
From November until early May, immense humpback whales visit the Big Island's western coastline. These dark-gray giants can reach 18 meters (59 feet) and 36,000 kilograms (40 tons), but that doesn't deter them from spectacular aerial displays of...
Local-style comfort food gets the portions it deserves here, filling the soul and the stomach. Massive pancakes, kalua pork hash, and an all-day Big Island Breakfast Menu are the main draws. Seafood eaters shouldn't miss the poke bowl (pronounced...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022