Collected by Katie Bartlett
Esquina Monserrate Obrapía, La Habana 10100, Cuba
Just down from the Central Park in Old Havana, you’ll find Bar Monserrate, which a Cuban friend initially described as a neighborhood "dive bar." That's all I needed to make the scene my own. Being a dive bar genre expert, my first impressions...
Calle 1ra, La Habana, Cuba
With the US travel restrictions to Cuba recently relaxed, I was able to realize a lifelong dream and visit that enchanting tropical isle under an official educational license for "people to people" travel. There were so many highlights, I'll never...
2111 Calle L, La Habana, Cuba
There's a trick to getting the most out of your Coppelia helado (ice cream) experience: You must queue. This massive ice cream palace is divided into a section for those paying in CUCs, the Cuban currency most tourists use, and several sections...
307 Mercaderes, La Habana, Cuba
The Fototeca de Cuba may be small, but it houses the leading collection of Cuban photography. See a contemporary photo exposition at the gallery on the Plaza Vieja, and if you’re in town in November, look out for photography events throughout the...
y O, Vedado, Postal Code: 10400, Cuba, Calle 21, La Habana, Cuba
Hotel Nacional de Cuba wasn’t built to look historic; it is historic. Since its doors opened in 1930, the grandiose lobby has been a hub of activity, and nowadays the buildings well-preserved interiors offer an authentic glimpse back in time. The...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Travel News The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum