Hardangerfjord's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Borggata 2, 5417 Stord, Norway
The island of Stord marks the northern entrance to the Hardangerfjord. Because the mountainous terrain reaches almost 762 meters (2,500 feet) high, many of the island's 19,400 residents live along the southeastern coast facing the Hardangerfjord....
Kinsarvik, 5780 Kinsarvik, Norway
Kinsarvik, a small picturesque village, sits at the point where the Hardangerfjord splits into several sprawling arms that reach far into Norway’s interior. The village has a long history dating back to the Viking era and its 12th-century stone...
Fonna Glacier Ski Resort Folgefonn Sommerskisenter, 5629 Jondal, Norway
Towering high above the Hardangerfjord and Sørfjord is Folgefonna, a set of three of Norway’s southernmost glaciers. Home to one of the world’s finest summer-skiing resorts, Folgefonna boasts alpine skiing, freestyle skiing, cross-country trails...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Travel News Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Art The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Now Open at 1 U.S. Museum