Hardangerfjord's Top Five
Collected by David Nikel , AFAR Local Expert
Borggata 2, 5417 Stord, Norway
The island of Stord marks the northern entrance to the Hardangerfjord. Because the mountainous terrain reaches almost 762 meters (2,500 feet) high, many of the island's 19,400 residents live along the southeastern coast facing the Hardangerfjord....
Kinsarvik, 5780 Kinsarvik, Norway
Kinsarvik, a small picturesque village, sits at the point where the Hardangerfjord splits into several sprawling arms that reach far into Norway’s interior. The village has a long history dating back to the Viking era and its 12th-century stone...
Fonna Glacier Ski Resort Folgefonn Sommerskisenter, 5629 Jondal, Norway
Towering high above the Hardangerfjord and Sørfjord is Folgefonna, a set of three of Norway’s southernmost glaciers. Home to one of the world’s finest summer-skiing resorts, Folgefonna boasts alpine skiing, freestyle skiing, cross-country trails...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May