Collected by Arwen Joyce , AFAR Local Expert
19, Ngu Xa Street, Ba Dinh District, Trúc Bạch, Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Sweet corn, lightly battered and fried, served sizzling hot with a bowl of dipping sauce - SO delicious. I couldn't remember the name of this amazing dish, so I emailed an expat we met living in Ha Noi. Matt told me it's called ngo chien...
Chợ Đồng Xuân, Đồng Xuân, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
One of the best parts about visiting Hanoi as a traveler is the food—so fresh, so delicious, and so abundant that you can literally trip over it when trying to navigate the city's notoriously crowded sidewalks. This vegetable vendor outside Dong...
Hàng Đào, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Vietnam has a coffee culture all to its own and in Hanoi, this includes a few cafes that serve it with egg. Whipped with sweetened condensed milk, the egg sits atop the slow roasted coffee, providing you with a hot afternoon treat that you'll...
Hoàn Kiếm Lake, Hàng Trống, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
A couple of blocks west of the Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi, Hoan Kiem Lake—meaning Lake of the Restored Sword—is one of Hanoi’s anchors. It contains a number of sites worth visiting, like Ngoc Soc Temple and the picturesque, red-lacquered Huc...
- 1 Travel News Why We Wept for Notre-Dame as It Burned
- 2 Art + Culture 8 “Game of Thrones” Destinations You Can Visit in Real Life
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots
- 4 Air Travel Finally, Nonstop Flights From United States to Cape Town Are Coming
- 5 Air Travel Delta Is Cutting Seat Recline in Half on All A320 Planes