Collected by Annie Cheatham
6 Ngõ Hội Vũ, Hàng Bông, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
The main draw at this Australian-run spot is the convivial and bohemian atmosphere. Housed in a stunning 1920s colonial villa in a quiet part of the Old Quarter, the cafe has a rustic, warm vibe. While items from the simple menu can be hit or miss...
Hàng Quạt, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
I loved the Old Quarter. Each street's name corresponds to the wares in its shops. It was mind-boggling that the Vietnamese would be so rigid & organized, which is not the first impression you have (or even the 10th) when you visit this country....
Hanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
One of my favorite big cities in the world because it was designed by a Frenchman, thus low buildings and big skies (see Washington D.C. and Paris). Nothing can be built taller than Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum. Start the morning observing tai chi...
Hội An, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
A short drive south of Da Nang, Hoi An is a spellbinding UNESCO World Heritage site, with intact 16th-century architecture that celebrates its origins as a trading port that long welcomed merchant ships from China, Japan, and Europe. The Old Town...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December