Collected by Annie Cheatham
6 Ngõ Hội Vũ, Hàng Bông, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Cool off in air conditioning or bask in the sun on one of the three floors of The Hanoi Social Club. The menu, more international than Vietnamese, offers lots of delicious options, including vegetarian and vegan.
Hàng Quạt, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
I loved the Old Quarter. Each street's name corresponds to the wares in its shops. It was mind-boggling that the Vietnamese would be so rigid & organized, which is not the first impression you have (or even the 10th) when you visit this country....
Hanoi, Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
One of my favorite big cities in the world because it was designed by a Frenchman, thus low buildings and big skies (see Washington D.C. and Paris). Nothing can be built taller than Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum. Start the morning observing tai chi...
Hội An, Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Navigating the chaotic armada of motorbikes in a city devoid of traffic laws certainly isn't easy, but after watching the locals I learned my first important lesson of the trip - slow and steady wins the race. Contrary to the instinct to quickly...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign