Collected by Dorothee Haneke
84 Hàng Điếu, Cửa Đông, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
The growth of Vietnam's skateboarding community is reflected in the emergence of outlets such as Boo Skate Shop. Located in the heart of the Old Quarter, it is a hub for the city's skaters and stocks a good selection of equipment and skater...
Hồng Hà, Ấp Thạnh Vinh, Ba Đình, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Begun in 2007 as the brainchild of Nguyen Thu Thuy, who wanted to help create something truly memorable for Hanoi's millennial celebrations in 2009-2010, this incredible mural lines the famous "dyke" road that separates the bulk of the city from...
3 Hoàng Hoa Thám, Ngọc Hồ, Ba Đình, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
Hanoi's insatiable energy can be exhausting for even the most hyperactive of soul. Fortunately this sprawling garden near Ho Chi Minh's Mausoleum offers some scope for recharging spent batteries. The well-landscaped area offers lakes and plentiful...
254 Đường Đề Thám, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Vietnam's Ginkgo delivers what no crank-it-out-cheap silkscreen operation can: lycra and organic cotton. With high-quality, locally designed and made clothing, Ginkgo is the dream T-shirt shop. While the iPho and "What the pho?" T-shirts sold on...
32 Điện Biên Phủ, Điện Bàn, Ba Dinh District, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Coffee shops are everywhere in Hanoi, but few strike the right balance between quality coffee and a hip, youthful atmosphere. Cong Caphe now has several branches in the city -- as well as in other big cities in Vietnam including Ho Chi Minh City...
- 1TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric
- 2History + CulturePortugal’s Exquisite Historic Lodgings Offer a Window to the Past
- 3Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 4Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 5Exceptional Travel ExperiencesThe True Magic of Machu Picchu Isn’t Where You Think It Is