Collected by Christian Barclay
Hàng Đào, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
Vietnam has a coffee culture all to its own and in Hanoi, this includes a few cafes that serve it with egg. Whipped with sweetened condensed milk, the egg sits atop the slow roasted coffee, providing you with a hot afternoon treat that you'll...
58 Quốc Tử Giám, Văn Miếu, Đống Đa, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam
Don't skip Temple of Literature when you visit Hanoi, especially if it is during the time of the New Year Celebrations. This is when students and their families will come and pay a visit and calligraphists will assemble outside the temple and...
14 Chả Cá, Hàng Bồ, Hà Nội, Vietnam
It may be on all the tourist lists, but one of our most memorable lunches in Vietnam was at Cha Ca La Vong. After winding your way through old Hanoi and up the stairs to this 100-year-old restaurant, you are seated at a communal table. No menu...
Lương Ngọc Quyến, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
As a former resident of Vietnam, I’ve lost track of how many bia ho’i bars I’ve spent evenings at around Hanoi. For me, they are by far the best place to drink in the city, and not simply because they are cheap! Each bar is usually buzzing,...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Museums + GalleriesAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 4Travel NewsHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 5Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years