Collected by Krystal Lin
25 Hàng Thiếc, Hàng Gai, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
For an occasionally harrowing (but always interesting) peek into traditional Hanoi, spend an afternoon navigating the maze of the Old Quarter markets. Traditionally, certain streets were named after the product that was sold there (i.e. shoes,...
12-14 Hàng Gà, Hàng Bồ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
This is a reliable place to sample one of Hanoi's indigenous classics: banh cuon, steamed rice rolls stuffed with minced pork and chopped wood-ear mushrooms. Less a restaurant, more a hole-in-the-wall with a few tables and chairs strewn around,...
14 Chả Cá, Hàng Bồ, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội, Vietnam
It may be on all the tourist lists, but one of our most memorable lunches in Vietnam was at Cha Ca La Vong. After winding your way through old Hanoi and up the stairs to this 100-year-old restaurant, you are seated at a communal table. No menu...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys