Han and Stu do cat man do
Collected by H W
Banasthali, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
The morning before Losar, at Denchek Phuntsok Jargye Ling Monastery, young monks and initiates donned traditional costumes to observe centuries long rituals. As boys somersaulted and twirled, a small intimate crowd of Tibetans cheered. They have...
Ganga Path, Kathamndu 44600, Nepal
It was the start of the monsoon season in Kathmandu, and although I had avoided the rain for five days, my luck finally ran out. After waiting out most of the shower in a small little family-owned general store, I headed out to the legendary...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Tourists call it the “Monkey Temple,” owing to the clans of rhesus macaque wandering through the grottos and recesses of this ancient shrine. The monkeys climb where they please, siblings squabble, parents scold and protect—a parallel simian...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights