Han and Stu do cat man do
Collected by H W
Banasthali, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
The morning before Losar, at Denchek Phuntsok Jargye Ling Monastery, young monks and initiates donned traditional costumes to observe centuries long rituals. As boys somersaulted and twirled, a small intimate crowd of Tibetans cheered. They have...
Ganga Path, Kathamndu 44600, Nepal
It was the start of the monsoon season in Kathmandu, and although I had avoided the rain for five days, my luck finally ran out. After waiting out most of the shower in a small little family-owned general store, I headed out to the legendary...
Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Tourists call it the “Monkey Temple,” owing to the clans of rhesus macaque wandering through the grottos and recesses of this ancient shrine. The monkeys climb where they please, siblings squabble, parents scold and protect—a parallel simian...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now