Collected by Keph Senett , AFAR Local Expert
5425 Sackville St, Halifax, NS B3J 3Y3, Canada
Since 1749, there have been a series of four different forts on top of citadel hill in the middle of downtown Halifax. The highest point in the city, the current fort was built in 1856 is now a popular tourist attraction. Recognized as a National...
1800 Argyle St, Halifax, NS B3J 2V9, Canada
The Halifax Metro Centre will be the location for the Canadian Interuniversity Sport (CIS) Men's Hockey Championships for 2015 and 2016. Check out tickets for this coming March 6, 2015 for the chance to see top players up close and personal.
5775 Cogswell St, Halifax, NS B3K 4B2, Canada
Constructed a few years ago for the Canada Games, the Emera Oval is a concrete oval located in the Halifax Commons. Built as a track for speed skating the city has invested money into it and now keeps it open year round. In the winter months the...
1549 Lower Water St, Halifax, NS B3J 1S2, Canada
This seafood restaurant sits right at the waterfront ensuring freshness, and their fireplace makes the dining room cozy and romantic. The menu features all sorts of Atlantic seafood—oysters, crabs, and lobster—and has a respectable drinks list to...
1800 Argyle St, Halifax, NS B3J 3N8, Canada
Since 2010, this fan-led sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, and comic convention has been turning the streets of Halifax into the inside of a graphic novel. With special guest appearances, photo ops, autographs, and costumes, this annual event is fun for...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Restaurants + Cafés This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May