Collected by Shen JC Robinson
317 Cedar St # A, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA
David Wright introduced me to pu-erh tea at his happy, mellow, stimulant-infused palace of tea culture in Santa Cruz. I went to the city with this stop in mind, and am so glad we made it a priority. David let me taste teas, and even made "tea" (a...
13 Doyers St, New York, NY 10013, USA
Manhattan’s oldest dim sum parlor plays the part to the hilt, from faded storefront to checklist ordering. For kids, there’s a time-warpy thrill to seeing what Chinese restaurants used to look like. Lure them in with the scallion pancakes; seal...
7311 Madison St, Forest Park, IL 60130, USA
This tea merchant is the real deal. If you're accustomed to mass retail merchants, you've missed out on having an authentic experience of international tea shopping. The Todd Holland staff is knowledgeable, as they are prepared with a verbal and...
132 Pankhabari Road Fatak, Kurseong, West Bengal 734203, India
Every morning India is brought to life with fresh hot chai. You can grab it everywhere. From the purveyor chanting “Chai, Chai, Chai!” as he works his way up the train to a tiny stall set up by the street corner. It is the life blood of India and...
10 S De Lacey Ave, Pasadena, CA 91105, USA
Bird Pick is my favorite place for tea. They have a lovely tea bar with specialty teas and creative drink options, and they have beautiful hardwood tables in their cafe. The shelves are lined with loose-leaf teas, and the windows display colorful...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos