Guimarães, the birthplace of Portugal
I must say that Guimarães is one of my favourite cities in Portugal. Since 2012, the year in which it was the European Capital of Culture, there is a boost of cultural events such as exhibitions, concerts, performances and so on. Guimarães is considered to be the birthplace of Portugal and the Historic Centre is an UNESCO site. Many reasons to visit this city located in North of Portugal, close to Porto. Of course, let’s not forget the gastronomy like the Guimarães pies, which is a caloric bomb.
- 1ScottsdaleSlideshowA Perfect Day’s Adventures in Scottsdale Sponsored by Experience Scottsdale
- 2TrendsArticleMeet the Woman Who Went in Search of “the Good Death”
- 3Festivals + EventsArticleThe Halloween Capital of the World Isn’t What You Think It Is
- 4ArtArticleA Look at Ai Weiwei’s Takeover of New York City’s Public Spaces
- 5PeopleArticleCoolest Travel Jobs: What It’s Like to Be a Professional Ghost Hunter