Collected by Robin SK
If you're ever in Guatemala, head over to the Pacaya Volcano, a 2ish hour drive from the capital. A guide will bring you up, either walking or by horse, telling you the history of the area. My guide even had marshmallows for us to toast!
Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
Getting to Lake Atitlan is no easy feat. After flying into Guat City, it's another 4 hours by bus to Panajachel. Then, if your'e staying on the lake, which I recommend, it's a short (and sometimes rocky) boat ride from there. But upon reaching the...
Plaza Central, Chichicastenango 14006, Guatemala
On to the Chichicastenango markets. Up and up, around and down through the green valleys we went, twisting and winding. Then you are there. Part of their world at that moment. Connected. It is HOW you go that will matter. Go with curiosity but...
San Agustín Lanquín, Guatemala
A great jumping off point for Semuc Champey, El Retiro offers basic jungle lodge accomodation. Situated next to the river and 5 mins from the markets of Lanquin. This is the perfect place to get away from it all. 2 Nights will give you a feel and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises