Collected by Robin SK
If you're ever in Guatemala, head over to the Pacaya Volcano, a 2ish hour drive from the capital. A guide will bring you up, either walking or by horse, telling you the history of the area. My guide even had marshmallows for us to toast!
Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
Getting to Lake Atitlan is no easy feat. After flying into Guat City, it's another 4 hours by bus to Panajachel. Then, if your'e staying on the lake, which I recommend, it's a short (and sometimes rocky) boat ride from there. But upon reaching the...
Plaza Central, Chichicastenango 14006, Guatemala
On to the Chichicastenango markets. Up and up, around and down through the green valleys we went, twisting and winding. Then you are there. Part of their world at that moment. Connected. It is HOW you go that will matter. Go with curiosity but...
San Agustín Lanquín, Guatemala
A great jumping off point for Semuc Champey, El Retiro offers basic jungle lodge accomodation. Situated next to the river and 5 mins from the markets of Lanquin. This is the perfect place to get away from it all. 2 Nights will give you a feel and...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3TechUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 4Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 5Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer