Collected by Stephanie O'Brien
2a Avenida Norte # 11 La Antigua Guatemala, Antigua Guatemala 03002, Guatemala
We went to Guatemala on my 40th birthday. I was itching to go somewhere with true culture, lots of color and charm. My gypsy soul was calling. The city of Antigua is a lovely base of operations. It is a renovated colonial town filled with...
Plaza Central, Chichicastenango 14006, Guatemala
On to the Chichicastenango markets. Up and up, around and down through the green valleys we went, twisting and winding. Then you are there. Part of their world at that moment. Connected. It is HOW you go that will matter. Go with curiosity but...
Lake Atitlán, Guatemala
Getting to Lake Atitlan is no easy feat. After flying into Guat City, it's another 4 hours by bus to Panajachel. Then, if your'e staying on the lake, which I recommend, it's a short (and sometimes rocky) boat ride from there. But upon reaching the...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 4 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 5 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022