Collected by Nikki Bayley , AFAR Local Expert
Open from morning till late night, you can get a great value breakfast buffet at this fun restaurant with a lively atmosphere, but the main event is definitely the imported-from-Argentina butter-soft steak. Splurge on a grill meal but try and save...
10A Avenida, Guatemala
It doesn’t matter whether you’re truly a fan of soccer or not, watching a match in a country which loves the game turns it into a thrilling experience—even if you can’t explain the off-side rule! Head for Estadio Mateo Flores to watch local heroes...
01010, 4A Avenida 12-59, Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala
Seek out this pretty little shopping mall with a picturesque fountain out in its main plaza and take a break from the crowds. Refresh yourself with fresh-squeezed juices and indulge with chocolate-y patisserie or get stuck into a serious shopping...
Avenida La Reforma, 0-63, Ciudad de Guatemala 01000, Guatemala
Explore the country’s only botanical garden—the first of its kind in Central America—and find a leafy sanctuary in the heart of the city. You’ll be able to see some 1,400 varieties of local and exotic plants here and many are rare and endangered....
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May